Organization & Technology
Wants to ensure that the treasury organisation and technology infrastructure deployed is adequate to support its growing business needs. Additionally, wants to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing manual processes.
FTI Treasury undertook a review of organizational arrangements covering:
- Decision making, authority, roles and responsibilities
- Role of treasury, risk and audit committees
- Treasury team deployment and degree of segregation of duties
- An evaluation and assessment of time allocation
- Current and planned work load, focus, prioritization, gaps and challenges
- Knowledge, experience, expertise and competence
- Interaction, engagement and support from other parts of the company, including executive, finance, tax, legal, IT and subsidiaries.
FTI reviewed the existing technology infrastructure in respect of
- Utilization of a specialized treasury management system (TMS)
- Security based controls based on a front/back/middle office configuration
- Third party specialist applications, including trading, market information, automatic confirmation, electronic banking and payment systems
- Integration of the TMS with other relevant applications such as payment and accounting systems
- Data transfer and file format protocols
- Business continuity and disaster recovery solution.
Specific recommendations relating to organisation and technology were made and a roadmap for implementation developed.
A blueprint and vision for organization and treasury technology architecture to support the future business needs of the organization.