Policy & Procedures
A utility company with a global market and several offices worldwide.
The two main challenges are undertaking an objective and impartial review of policy and finding the time within a busy schedule to assess and develop the procedures properly.
FTI Treasury Solution
Based on a detailed review of the business and financial risks and objectives of the Group, FTI Treasury developed a treasury policy addressing each of the following areas so that they contribute to the Group’s business and financial objectives:
- Treasury Management Objectives and Principles
- Corporate Control Framework
- Treasury Policy Statements for all Treasury Activities
- Operational Internal Controls
- Approval schedules for specific items
Procedures were reviewed, assessed, upgraded, and documented by:
- Understanding the business context from the policy review
- Understanding the treasury infrastructure in respect of technology, roles and responsibilities and authority
- Walk through daily processes and procedures with front line personnel in respect of all treasury activities
- Recommend upgrades to existing procedures that enhance the operational control environment.
- Documenting, illustrating and validating existing procedures in a structured and logical manner.
After the project the organization has a treasury policy that is relevant to their objectives and ‘fit for purpose’, and it can be approved by the board based on an independent assessment. Procedures are in line with a best practice control environment and are documented for clarity, knowledge share and staff training purposes.
Talk to our Specialists