Policy & Procedures
The two main challenges are to undertake an objective and impartial review of policy, and to find the time within a busy schedule to assess and develop the procedures properly.
Based on a detail review of the business and financial risks and objectives of the Group, FTI Treasury developed a treasury policy addressing each of the following areas so that they contribute to the Group’s business and financial objectives:
- Treasury Management Objectives and Principles
- Corporate Control Framework
- Treasury Policy Statements for all Treasury Activities
- Operational Internal Controls
- Approval schedules for specific items
Procedures were reviewed, assessed, upgraded and documented by:
- Understanding the business context from the policy review
- Understanding the treasury infrastructure in respect of technology, roles and responsibilities and authority
- Walk through daily processes and procedures with front line personnel in respect of all treasury activities
- Recommend upgrades to existing procedures that enhance the operational control environment.
- Documenting, illustrating and validating existing procedures in a structured and logical manner.
The organization has a treasury policy that is relevant to their objectives and ‘fit for purpose’, and it can be approved by the board based on an independent assessment.
Procedures are in line with a best practice control environment and are documented for clarity, knowledge share and staff training purposes.